Dear Harte Dental Family,
We hope you and your families have all been well and are excited to start emerging back out into the world as much as we are! We have deeply missed seeing your faces and can’t wait to start seeing your smiles again soon! We want to assure you we are taking every measure to ensure your safety, your families’ safety, as well as our team’s safety for your visits with us to receive your dental care. Although many changes had to be done for everyone over the past couple months, together we will adjust to our “new normal”.
Barring any changes by the Governor or the Massachusetts Dental Society, we will begin to re-open our office on May 19th for emergent or likely to become emergent dental care. Our team has been preparing for your return for quite some time by acquiring new equipment and technologies, updating and reviewing in-depth protocols, policies, and procedures.
Your health and safety has always been our first priority at Harte Dental. Our team will be meeting on Monday May 18th to review yet again our infection control protocols, safety measures, and new office procedures to ensure everyone’s safety. We have always believed cleanliness and proper protocols are essential for patient care and adhered to strict infection control and sanitation guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and OSHA.
Some Infection Control protocols you have seen in the past at our office that we will continue to do, include:
- Use of gloves, laboratory jackets, surgical masks, and eye protection for you and your provider during dental procedures
- Thorough disinfection of all surfaces in treatment rooms to kill viruses and bacteria between every patient
- Sanitation barriers on highly touched surfaces and headrests
- Hands free sinks to wash our hands before and after every patient
- A hands-free sterilization area that helps prevent cross contamination
- Use of sterile instruments for every single patient
- Readily available hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap throughout the office for patient and team use
Some of the new infection control protocols we are implementing include:
- Staggered patient appointment times to allow more time between patients and for extra preparation.
- Two separate team shifts to limit the number of team members in the practice each day and further prevent cross contamination.
- All members of our team will wear masks while inside the office.
- We have ordered new surgically clean air machines for each treatment room that remove and kill viruses, bacteria, mold and spores in the air every 5 minutes!
- All frequently touched surfaces in the reception and check out area, including chairs, counters, pens, clipboards, etc. will be wiped down after every patient.
- We have added Digital Medical forms and text payment options to minimize touching objects and for your convenience
Due to the Nature of COVID-19, we ask that you help us in following our New safety protocols. For your visits we kindly ask:
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms, been exposed or suspect you have been exposed to anyone with the virus in the past 3 weeks to please stay home and we would appreciate a call to reschedule with as much advance notice as possible.
- All patients will be pre—screened for COVID-19 exposure risk 24 hours prior to your visit. You may receive a phone call, or a text with a survey the day before your visit that must be filled out and sent back to us. Anyone who is not cleared through the screening test will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Any questions about insurance coverage, timing of appointments, and any other concerns will be answered by phone prior to your visit. Please call if you have a specific question ahead of time as to minimize patients having to be in the common areas.
- All patients will be asked to fill out necessary paperwork prior to their visit online.
- Upon arrival, please call our office and remain in your vehicle. We will inform you when we are ready for you to come inside.
- Anyone accompanying patients to appointments will be asked to remain in their vehicle, unless the patient is a minor or requires physical assistance. Please limit any family, guest, guardian, or care taker to 1 individual if possible.
- We ask that all patients over 2 years of age wear a face mask or cloth covering in and out of our office.
- If you are wearing gloves, we ask that you remove them once inside and use the hand sanitizer provided. Should you desire new gloves we will provide them.
- Every patient will be given a verbal Covid-19 screening survey, and have their temperature taken with a No-touch forehead thermometer. Anyone who does not pass the screening or has a temperature above 100.4 will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Patients will be met by their provider and escorted to the treatment room where you can then remove your mask.
- Once treatment is completed we ask that you wear your own face covering. Your next visit may be scheduled in the treatment room, the check out desk, or called in over the phone from your car.
- Your balance may be accepted at check out, called in over the phone from your car, paid online through our website, or sent via text should you prefer.
- We have added virtual consultations should you prefer to speak to a Doctor in this manner or have any emergency.
- We have also added webchat capabilities through our website on Podium and are available to answer your questions or concerns at any time!
Our goal is to minimize your time spent in the office for your safety and convenience! We truly Thank you for your patience as we adapt our new protocols to the “new normal” routine. Luckily our office has been able to help new and existing patients with emergencies throughout the quarantine and we are prepared with all the proper personal protective equipment and new protocols instated. We can’t wait to see you and catch up on all the crazy things you have been up to these past couple months. Just think- This is one of the only places in public you can show off your smiles these days and we look forward to seeing them!
The Harte Dental Team